Hi, everyone,

I've been sending reports on our progress porting Crosswalk's build
system from gyp to GN. We've finally reached a point where all gyp
targets have been ported to GN on Linux and Android, and our canaries
will soon start being built with GN instead of gyp. Once we move
Crosswalk 23 to Chromium 53, building with gyp will no longer be
supported.

You should considering switching your build now to avoid any nasty
surprises. I've recently updated our official build instructions on the
website and they now cover GN (in addition to having been split into
separate, less confusing pages):

  https://crosswalk-project.org/contribute/building_crosswalk.html

The only additional thing you need to do while trying out GN with
Crosswalk + M52 is setting the GYP_CHROMIUM_NO_ACTION environment
variable when running `gclient sync', otherwise gyp_xwalk will still be
run automatically. This will not be necessary with M53.

Please switch your builds to GN and report any issues you stumble upon
in JIRA.

Happy hacking!