On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 01:07:28PM +0200, Juergen Daubert wrote:

[...]

> P.S. unfortunately my time is still very limited at the
> moment, but I will try to do a first test of rc-ng next
> week.

as promised I did a quick test of rc-ng today. I've
created a package [1] with your work from 2011-10-30
and installed it over the old rc. I adjusted rc.conf
did a 'telinit U' and 'init 6' finally.

After system restart I got a ro mounted "/" which is
on a JFS filesystem. After running fsck and a restart
the system came up as expected.

Two points to mention:

- setting KEYMAP=de-latin1 in rc.conf dosn't work, dunno
  why but a error message I saw might be related:

  CRUX: setting terminal blank/poweroff timers
  CRUX: setting hostname to: "jue"
  CRUX: updating timezone to: "Europe/Berlin"
  CRUX: + random seed: done
  CRUX: Couldn't open /dev/tty1 /dev/tty2 /dev/tty3 /dev/tty4 /dev/tty5
/dev/tty6
  CRUX: + virtual consoles: done
  CRUX: + essential late things: done
  CRUX: CRUX init completed

  Manually setting keymap with loadkeys works.

- there are 3 udev daemons running, intentionally?

Greetings
Juergen

[1] httpup sync http://jue.li/crux/ports/#rc rc