On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Costas Stasimos <coststasi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm currently using the cryptodev and i'm trying to evaluate the
> performance of some TLS handshakes.
> My tests are on port 443 (tomcat server is used)
> By observing the results. It seems that the cryptodev is slower that
> software.

Did you enable the digests in addition to ciphers for openssl cryptodev
support? In several platforms using the driver acceleration for a hash is
actually slower (but nevertheless it offloads the burden from the main cpu).

If you didn't then the handshake time shouldn't be affected by cryptodev at
all. During handshake RSA and DH are used which are not accelerated by
cryptodev. cryptodev comes into play during data transmission and that is
where you are going to see any acceleration.

regards,
Nikos