Hi,

We are looking for user-space access to the kernel crypto layer
compression algorithms. Our zip hardware hooks to the linux crypto
layer. I see only the ioctls corresponding to hash and cipher algs
supported in cryptodev but not for compression algs like deflate etc.

Have there been any efforts put up in this regard or any alternate
methods that provide user-space access to compression?

I have gone through AF_ALG but couldn’t find support for compression
ops through it also.

Any help or pointers in this regard would be helpful !

Thanks,
Abed M K