At 01:37 PM 1/12/01 -0800, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>Hmmm.  That sounds like a trick that could be brought up to
>date.  If you get two sensitive microphones in a room, you

>[A quick contemplation of the wavelength of the sounds in question
>would put an end to that speculation I suspect. --Perry]

Maybe not, because you can use the click--- you look only at intensity
envelope, summing all frequencies essentially.

[Remember your basic science: you can't resolve something smaller than
half a wavelength. (Well, you can, with certain techniques, but things
get seriously hairy at that point, and in general the limit is half a
wavelength.) Given this, it is unlikely that you're going to figure
out whether the g or the h key was struck. If I'm wrong here, I'd like
to hear a detailed counterargument or evidence. --Perry]