  MISTY -- no simple truncated difs ("Tom St Denis")

From: "EE Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Evidence Eliminator works great. Beware anybody who claims it doesn't
work (propaganda)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:07:34 +0100

It doesn't take long to flush out the stooges here does it?

This post is similar to the "Eric Lee Green" dis-information exposed at
http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/dis-information.shtml
--
Best Regards,
The Evidence Eliminator Support Team

"Ahab" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

------------------------------

From: "EE Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: taking your PC in for repair? WARNING: What will they find?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:07:34 +0100

It doesn't take long to flush out the stooges here does it?

This post is similar to the "Eric Lee Green" dis-information exposed at
http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/dis-information.shtml
--
Best Regards,
The Evidence Eliminator Support Team
http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support.shtml
--
Technical Support Questions: Before submitting additional questions,
please make sure you have searched the Evidence Eliminator
KnowledgeBase online which can answer most questions instantly at
http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support/kb/search.shtml

Best Regards,
The Evidence Eliminator Support Team
http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support.shtml
The contents of this e-mail are considered strictly confidential,
and will not be disclosed to any third party. We respect your right
to privacy.

From: P.Dulles <*@*.com>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:16:19 -0400

In article <qihM6.10096$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...

>: By now you will have witnessed the mass hysteria about Evidence Eliminator.
>:

Hyesteria?  No, it's outrage.

>: Do you want to know why this is happening?

Yep.  Your marketing.

>:
>: You are witnessing "Dis-Information" (propaganda)

No, this is a public forum where questions are being asked that you
refuse to answer.

>:
>: Evidence Eliminator is a really easy-to-use one click program which is fully
>: proven to defeat all forensic analysis software.

IF, of course, you have the opportunity to use it and evidence hasn't
been collected in advance, which it is almost every time.

>:
>: It can defeat even the tools used by the US Secret Service, and the USA
>: Customs Service and LAPD.

IF you can wipe your drive - which takes several hours - while SWAT is
at your door with a battering ram.

>: You can get a copy of this software with a lifetime license for free
>: downloads. Everlasting protection available now.
>:
>: Evidence Eliminator is so amazing you can even get a 30-day money back
>: guarantee on the software AND keycodes, protected by your credit card
>: company. You can buy total lifetime protection for just $149 - truly
>: incredible value.

What is incredible is that you went from $39 to $75 to $149 in less than
a year (350% increase) without improving your product.

>:
>: Try Evidence Eliminator today and see why there are so many false messages
>: on the Internet telling you not to try it.

"False?"  This is propaganda.

>:
>: You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We can clean your hard
>: drive so well that even the FBI-type software could not get evidence back
>: from it.

The FBI will have evidence on you before you even suspect they are
looking for it.  The FBI, with all their faults, are professionals and
not a couple of guys without a listed business address or telephone
number who think they can beat the pros.

>: Best Regards,
>: The Evidence Eliminator Support Team
>: http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support.shtml

--
Loki
"Joan of Arc heard voices too!"

------------------------------

From: "Tom St Denis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 22:23:45 GMT

"P.Dulles" <*@*.com> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In article <qihM6.10096$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>
> >: By now you will have witnessed the mass hysteria about Evidence
Eliminator.
> >:
>
> Hyesteria?  No, it's outrage.
>
> >: Do you want to know why this is happening?
>
> Yep.  Your marketing.
>
> >:
> >: You are witnessing "Dis-Information" (propaganda)
>
> No, this is a public forum where questions are being asked that you
> refuse to answer.

<snip>

I was about to reply to his original spam, but I doubt they/he will learn.
May I suggest you just killfile the OP or just block all "ee" messages
instead?

From: P.Dulles <*@*.com>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:40:42 -0400

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, *@*.com says...
>: In article <qihM6.10096$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>: [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>:
>: >: By now you will have witnessed the mass hysteria about Evidence Eliminator.

Now that you are back, I will again ask the questions you refuse to
answer.  From my earlier post:

Subject: To EE Support
From: P.Dulles <*@*.com>
Newsgroups: alt.privacy
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 23:50:39 -0400

How come you won't answer my very direct and very plain questions?  Do
you need for me to repost the post/response where you didn't?  Or would
you just rather I ask them to you directly again, so you can again avoid
them.  Ah, screw it, I'll just ask them again:  YES OR NO ANSWERS ONLY!

1.  Do people run the risk of using your product and having it crippled
without their knowledge?  This is a yes or no answer.  What if I typed
in my serial number wrong? - this disturbs me and others.

2.  Do you tell people directly and up front on your website that you
product does not provide security from sysadmins on a network/ISP's?

Yes or no answer, the answer is not to look buried deep within your
search engine.

3.  Do you tell people that law enforcement agencies will gather
information long BEFORE seizing a computer, so "eliminating evidence"
that is already in LEA's possession is a futile excercise?  Yes or no
please.

4.  Do you tell people that your product is worthless against a TEMPEST
attack?  Yes or no again please.

5.  Do you tell people that a full wipe takes a number of hours, so if
the police are crashing down the door your product is not effective?
Please confine to yes or no.

6.  Do you understand that the police don't make appointments in advance
to serve a search warrant?  Y/N

7.  Do you bother to mention in your advertising that in the US - where
most of the spam hits - the only thing illegal in itself to possess on
your computer is kiddie porn, and you have to really look for that to
find it?  Y/N

8.  Or do you imply that simply "surfing" the net will fill your
computer with material that will end up with you having a new girlfriend
named "Bubba" in jail?  Y/N

9.  Do you deny doubling the price of your product every six months
without any significant improvement?  YES/NO PLEASE, no bullshit about
it being worth $7000 - you know very well you'd never sell one copy at
that price.

10.  Do you deny that you have no listings in the BT directories, as any
legitimate business would?  Y/N

11.  You claim that nobody has published proof that your product doesn't
work.  Have you published proof that it does?  YES/NO

OPEN ANSWER QUESTIONS:

How much liability insurance do you carry in case someone is arrested or
fired from their jobs even after having paid for your product and
believed your claims?

[answer here]

Why don't you emphasize that any networked computer can not be made
totally secure?

[answer here]

Why do you try to make innocent people feel that if they don't purchase
your product, they will end up in jail getting gang-raped?

[answer here]

Why don't you publish your efforts (as claimed) to reduce the spam and
massive crossposting of your product?

[answer here]

Why do you come into a newsgroup composed of very intelligent people and
try to bullshit them by NOT answering direct questions?

[answer here]

Why do you call a critical review "disinformation?"  If it were wrong,
why not call it a "lie?"  Why post a photo of a critic?

[answer here]

Would you like a photo of me to post?

[answer here]

I'll buy the house a round of beer if they answer these questions
without any further bullshit.

--
Loki
"Joan of Arc heard voices too!"

------------------------------

From: P.Dulles <*@*.com>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 18:49:01 -0400

In article <R%hM6.101495$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>:
>: "P.Dulles" <*@*.com> wrote in message
>: news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>: > In article <qihM6.10096$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>: > [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
>: >
>: > >: By now you will have witnessed the mass hysteria about Evidence
>: Eliminator.
>: > >:
>: >
>: > Hyesteria?  No, it's outrage.
>: >
>: > >: Do you want to know why this is happening?
>: >
>: > Yep.  Your marketing.
>: >
>: > >:
>: > >: You are witnessing "Dis-Information" (propaganda)
>: >
>: > No, this is a public forum where questions are being asked that you
>: > refuse to answer.
>:
>: <snip>
>:
>: I was about to reply to his original spam, but I doubt they/he will learn.
>: May I suggest you just killfile the OP or just block all "ee" messages
>: instead?
>:
>: Tom

It seems to make more sense - but I'm getting really tee'd off that they
won't answer direct questions.  I'm trying to pin them to the wall, but
they are like trying to pin a housefly to the wall.

No, they won't learn - they enjoy the controversy.  But perhaps we can
cost them a few hundred customers.  If you look at some of the business
owners we have frequent these groups (Steve at Cotse comes most
immediately to mind, but there are many others) they openly discuss,
answer & respond to questions, and make improvements to their products
from what may be those who can bring them the most business, by direct
purchase and by referrals.  EE chooses instead to call any critique
"dis-information" (must have a hyphen in it over the pond) and will not
answer questions except with their own advertising line (read
"propaganda.")

Yes, I should twit-filter them.  I would have had they not put up Eric
Green as a poster child for "dis-information."

--
Loki
"Joan of Arc heard voices too!"

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Shaun Hollingworth)
Crossposted-To:
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:07:19 GMT

On 15 May 2001 21:46:35 -0000, Ahab
<Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:

>Thought this was just another forged post, but look at the headers. Posted
>from ntl in Nottingham. Actual official spam.

[Shaun in alt.security.scramdisk]

If anyone can Email me their address I'll drive down to Nottingham and
tell them what I think.... EE had a fine reputation..... Which is now
in tatters... Destroyed by those whose interests I would have thought
would have been to protect it.

Shaun.
Scramdisk author.
Rotherham,
South Yorkshire.
UK.
Still looking for a job.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Shaun Hollingworth)
Crossposted-To:
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:09:05 GMT

On Tue, 15 May 2001 23:07:34 +0100, "EE Support"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Technical Support Questions: Before submitting additional questions,
>please make sure you have searched the Evidence Eliminator
>KnowledgeBase online which can answer most questions instantly at
>http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support/kb/search.shtml

I have a question:

Why do you have to keep spamming all the newsgroups like you do ?

Shaun.
Scramdisk author and job seeker.
Rotherham,
South Yorkshire
UK.

------------------------------

From: "Tom St Denis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: internship/work in computer security/crypto
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:10:52 GMT

I know this is not my own soap box but if I could indulge the crowd for a
few mins.

I am currently looking for an internship or part-time job as a
cryptographer.  I do not have a lot of professional experience and am in my
first year of college.  Anyone who follows my posts knows I am a fairly
young student willing to learn and already quite capable.

I am interested in any job related to development, analysis and
implementation of cryptographic protocols.  I know I probably cannot get a
job as a thinktank member but even just implementing crypto is good enough
(and often challenging to get right).

If your company is in the ottawa area and is willing to hire an intern or
part-time employee please contact me.  My offer is between 10 and 15 dollars
an hour so it is not alot but enough for me to pay for my college (I can
supply my student id if you want to check that I am in fact in school).

Thanks for your time guys,
--
Tom St Denis
---

------------------------------

From: "Scott Fluhrer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: TC15 analysis
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:00:45 -0700

Tom St Denis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:s8gM6.100647$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Scott Fluhrer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9drhq3$vaa$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > Tom St Denis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:4zeL6.76746$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > I started my analysis of TC15 (more than just poking).  I am looking
for
> > low
> > > hamming weight differentials (i.e low active sbox count).
> > I just verified that there are no single round iterative differentials
(at
> > any probability level) with hamming weight 6 or less.
>
> May I ask *how* you analyzed it.  That's more meaningful then just the
> results.

Ok, I considered all possible differentials into the start of a round with
Hamming weight of 6 or less (well, 7 now, as my computer completed searching
over 7 since I last posted).  Since the cipher is circularly symmetric as
far as differentials are concerned (rotating all the variables by the same
amount preserves the differential behavior), that reduced the search
somewhat.  For each such differential, I computed how it would flow through
the linear transform, and then see if the sbox could possibly transform that
differential back to the original one (possibly circularly rotated).

> > My next step: two round iterative differentials...
>
> Ahh keen.
It'll be a lot of work.  Likely, I won't be able to do anything
exhaustive -- some pruning will be required to keep it feasible.

> So you found 1R differentials with 7 active sboxes?  That would be
16*7=112
> active sboxes ... way over the 64 limit.
No -- at that point, my computer completed the search to that extent, and
I'm not working with "active sboxes", but input Hamming weight.  It still
hasn't found *any* 1R differentials.  I found several differentials that
almost work -- it feels like there might be some simple reason why such a
differential can't exist, but that reason escapes me so far.

And, yes, I'm working with the May 12 version

From: "Tom St Denis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:17:44 GMT

"Scott Fluhrer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9dsd5f$97b$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Tom St Denis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:s8gM6.100647$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > "Scott Fluhrer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:9drhq3$vaa$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > Tom St Denis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:4zeL6.76746$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> for
> > > low
> > > I just verified that there are no single round iterative differentials
> (at
> > > any probability level) with hamming weight 6 or less.
> >
> > May I ask *how* you analyzed it.  That's more meaningful then just the
> > results.
>
> Ok, I considered all possible differentials into the start of a round with
> Hamming weight of 6 or less (well, 7 now, as my computer completed
searching
> over 7 since I last posted).  Since the cipher is circularly symmetric as
> far as differentials are concerned (rotating all the variables by the same
> amount preserves the differential behavior), that reduced the search
> somewhat.  For each such differential, I computed how it would flow
through
> the linear transform, and then see if the sbox could possibly transform
that
> differential back to the original one (possibly circularly rotated).

I dunno what you mean by "rotating all the variables by the same amount
pre...".  my LT doesn't do a simple rotate...Maybe I am looking at it
wrong...

I have a relatively fast PC, maybe you could send me the source and I might
be able to learn from it/use it.

> > > My next step: two round iterative differentials...
> >
> > Ahh keen.
> It'll be a lot of work.  Likely, I won't be able to do anything
> exhaustive -- some pruning will be required to keep it feasible.
> >
> > So you found 1R differentials with 7 active sboxes?  That would be
> 16*7=112
> > active sboxes ... way over the 64 limit.
> No -- at that point, my computer completed the search to that extent, and
> I'm not working with "active sboxes", but input Hamming weight.  It still
> hasn't found *any* 1R differentials.  I found several differentials that
> almost work -- it feels like there might be some simple reason why such a
> differential can't exist, but that reason escapes me so far.

Well if you OR the four words together the hamming weight over GF(2^32) is
the number of active sboxes.  So if you have a HW of 7 that means 7 sboxes
are active does it not?  Or are you assuming differences occur in parallel
bits?

May I ask what you think about the cipher so far?  Good/bad?

> And, yes, I'm working with the May 12 version

Goody :-)

Thanks for your posts your a really nice person helping us lowly amateurs.

From: "Trevor L. Jackson, III" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.privacy,alt.security.pgp,alt.security.scramdisk,alt.privacy.anon-server
Subject: Re: Evidence Eliminator works great. Beware anybody who claims it
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 23:43:14 GMT

EE Support wrote:

> By now you will have witnessed the mass hysteria about Evidence Eliminator.
>
> Do you want to know why this is happening?

Yes, you are marketing worthless software and that offends people.

> You are witnessing "Dis-Information" (propaganda)

Yes, your message do have that flavor of pravda (truth: that which will promote
the revolution of the proletariat)

> Evidence Eliminator is a really easy-to-use one click program which is fully
> proven to defeat all forensic analysis software.

No, that's a lie.  Two actually.

> It can defeat even the tools used by the US Secret Service, and the USA
> Customs Service and LAPD.

No it can't. Five lies total so far.

> You can get a copy of this software with a lifetime license for free
> downloads. Everlasting protection available now.

Another falsity.  Your business plan resembles that of a fraud.  They tend to
disappear quickly.  You will too.
So the "free downloads" will stop when your company does.  BTW, why do I need
updates if your program can never be beaten?

> Evidence Eliminator is so amazing you can even get a 30-day money back
> guarantee on the software AND keycodes, protected by your credit card
> company.

Ahah.  So the protection is from my credit card company, who will refund my
money when I discover you have defrauded me.  I wonder why you don't offer a
guarantee.  Think it might have something to do with the fact that your software
does not perform as advertised?

> You can buy total lifetime protection for just $149 - truly
> incredible value.

No comment needed here, I think.  Anyone who buys your software on the basis of
this claim deserves to lose their money.

> Try Evidence Eliminator today and see why there are so many false messages
> on the Internet telling you not to try it.

So far the false messages telling people to try it far outnumber the messages
revealing the truth of the matter.

> You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We can clean your hard
> drive so well that even the FBI-type software could not get evidence back
> from it.

Should I count this repeated lie or ignore it as redundant?

> http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/main.shtml
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> The Evidence Eliminator Support Team

If this is the behavior of the support team, one wonders ant the antics of the
sales and marketing team.

> http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support.shtml
> --
> Technical Support Questions: Before submitting additional questions,
> please make sure you have searched the Evidence Eliminator
> KnowledgeBase online which can answer most questions instantly at
> http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/support/kb/search.shtml

I looked and I can't find the answer to this question: "What does it take to
make you go away and not return?"

------------------------------

From: "Tom St Denis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MISTY -- no simple truncated difs
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 00:09:16 GMT

Wow man the sboxes in MISTY are keen.  They have a very low dpmax of 2/512
and 2/128 respectively... cubing in GF(2^n) n=odd is obviously very
effective :-)

I summed the xor-pairs over the upper two bits and got 4/512... which is not
high enough to be used for anything...
--
Tom St Denis
---