At 09:54 AM 7/29/99 -0700, Tom Perrine wrote:

>Ever taken a look for pgp.2.6.x, Kerberos, SSH or other "controlled
>software" available for anonymous FTP from .GOV and .MIL systems?  A
>few minutes with your favorite search engine is quite enlightening :-)

What astonishes me is that some government and contractor sites end up
deploying 40 bit SSL on their desktops. Not everyone, of course, and some
servers are smart enough to insist on 128 bits, but strong commercial
crypto isn't the natural and automatic choice even in "national security"
communities.

So 40 bit SSL is actually a threat to national security.

Rick.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]