(what fun. - udhay)

http://www.javaworld.com/jw-08-1998/jw-08-indepth.html

For me, the highlight of the JavaOne Developer Conference in San
Francisco last March was Dallas Semiconductor's iButton with Java -- aka
the Java Ring, a wearable computer that ran Java. It allegedly had a
high-performance encryption engine, an exciting prospect indeed, until I
discovered that the encryption unit wasn't accessible on the ring.
Dallas Semiconductor later confirmed that it couldn't be enabled at all,
which really dampened my enthusiasm for the whole concept.

 I am resourceful though, and since Dallas Semiconductor had promised
that a fully functional Java Ring was going to be available eventually,
all I needed to do was wait. And while I was waiting, what better to do
but learn the ins and outs of programming my new piece of "smart"
jewelry?

 Of course this pursuit of knowledge did raise the question of what,
exactly, I should program into my ring.

 I pondered this question for a while, until I came up with what was,
for me, the ideal solution: I would program my ring to simulate the most
important piece of cryptographic equipment used in the second World War
-- the German ENIGMA machine.
<snip>
 http://www.unimobile.com/                  http://pobox.com/~udhay
          Unimobile -- Enabling the World Wide Wireless Web
                In Touch.  Informed.  In Control.