--- begin forwarded text

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:12:36 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IP: Ho hum... State of Emergency Continues....
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Source:  White House Press Briefings
http://library.whitehouse.gov/ThisWeek.cgi?type=p&date=1&briefing=0

August 11, 1999

NOTICE

  THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release August 11, 1999

  NOTICE

- - - - - - -

CONTINUATION OF EMERGENCY
REGARDING EXPORT CONTROL REGULATIONS

  On August 19, 1994, consistent with the authority provided me under
the International Emergency Economic Powers Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.),
I issued Executive Order 12924.In that order, I declared a national
emergency with respect to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the
national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States in
light of the expiration of the Export Administration Act of 1979, as
amended (50 U.S.C. App. 2401 et seq.).Because the Export Administration
Act has not been renewed by the Congress, the national emergency declared
on August 19, 1994, must continue in effect beyond August 19, 1999.
Therefore, in accordance with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies
Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing the national emergency declared
in Executive Order 12924.

  This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted
to the Congress.

WILLIAM J. CLINTON

THE WHITE HOUSE,
August 10, 1999.