At 04:15 PM 8/26/99 +0300, Zombie Cow wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Berke Durak wrote:
>
>> since it was easy to correlate CPU activity with radio noise. I've
>> just written a quick C program that tries to force activity on the
>
>How easy would it be to include some electronics or use
>the  circuitry in keyboards and have them emit signals?

ZC, making it as difficult as installing hardware is the point.
Obviously, if you can add hardware undetected, you win.

This is what's meant by those who say the FBI asking for computer-subversion
warrants is a victory.  Because the Fedz (tm) are not subverting the tools;
they're
falling back on meatspace attacks on particular subjects.

The point of BD et al's studies is that *softare*, which costs zero,
and is readily spread without physical access, can be used as a side channel.

Maybe a year ago there was talk of MS running software-piracy-detection
vans like the
Brits run their untaxed-tv-df-vans around looking for folks watching the Beeb
without paying.

BD's point is that there's a *readily exploitable* infosec risk too.  The
broadcast
bits can be your secret keys, not just some application/license info.

Cheers,

DH