--- begin forwarded text

Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:29:20 -0800
From: Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "cypherpunks@Algebra. COM" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:  Must-read capabilities paper
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This is probably the most significant and insightful CS paper I have read in
years. The paper didn't actually teach me something fundamentally new,
having paid close attention to capabilities ever since a fateful Cypherpunks
meeting at Stanford a few years back, but I have never seen such synthesis
between so many seemingly disjoint important topics. From OS design to PKI,
this paper touches on it all. What impressed me about this paper is that it
made me think in new ways about stuff I already well understood.

http://www.erights.org/elib/capability/ode/index.html

--Lucky Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon
   the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
   - Mohandas K. Gandhi, An Autobiography, pg 446
   http://www.citizensofamerica.org/missing.ram

--- end forwarded text

Robert A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA