On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 06:08:00PM -0500, Peter Cassidy wrote:

> Friends,
>
> I am engaged in an expansive and challenging authoring assignment
> regarding PKI's rationale in the large e-commerce plexus. I'm casting
> about for ideas on the killer PKI application. I'd like to hear any ideas
> - however wild or domesticated - in this space.

Trust management in a cash based world.  With digital cash, I expect
it to become much more tempting to hit-and-run; without a trust system
to limit this, digital cash will not be able to take off to its full
potential.  Iff digital cash is able to take off somewhat without
fully functional PKI, I believe it will pull PKI up with it.

Eivind.