Hi all,

If you're a student interested in writing about security, please read
the announcement below.  Unlike editorial board positions, this
position requires only that you focus on the topic of security.  You
won't have to do any administration of the magazine itself.

You need not have expertise in all the areas below, but it would be
useful to have expertise in a few and knowledge in many.

-Kevin Fu
 ACM Crossroads
 General Editor

--------
Kevin E. Fu ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
PGP key: https://snafu.fooworld.org/~fubob/pgp.html

ACM Crossroads has decided to start a monthly column, focused on
computer and network security.  We're looking for someone to write
this column.  If you have expertise in many of the following areas,
we'd love to hear from you.  Applicants must be students for the
entire time that they write the column, and we will give preference to
those applicants who will be in school long enough to write 12 columns
(one year's worth).  Additionally, we prefer students who are members
of the ACM, but this is not absolutely required.

The details of the column would be something like this: The four
columns that coincide with the publication of a print issue will be
printed.  These four columns must not exceed 800 words.  The eight
remaining columns will be published online and thus have no page
limitations.

Areas of interest for column topics:
* Secure email
* Intrusion detection
* Anonymous mailers
* Applied cryptography
* Encryption technology
* Public key cryptography
* Digital signatures
* Firewalls
* Viruses, worms, and related beasts
* Key management
* Certificates
* Public key infrastructure
* Secure Protocols
* Biometrics
* etc.

To apply to be the writer of this monthly online column, send an email
to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and include:

1) Information about yourself: Name, Where you go to school, What major
you are in, Your expected graduation date.

2) Qualifications: Why do you think you are qualified to write this
column? Include any references to your publications, coursework, or
work experience.

3) A list of 12 topics (one each month) that you would cover if you
are chosen.

4) A sample column, in HTML, no more than 800 words.

Incomplete applications will not be considered.  We will begin
evaluating applicants on February 15, 2000, and notify you by the end
of February 2000.

About Crossroads:  ACM Crossroads is the student magazine of the
Association for Computing Machinery.  Crossroads is printed
quarterly, with a subscription base of nearly 20,000 students. In
addition, the full content of Crossroads is available online.
For more information about Crossroads, please see
www.acm.org/crossroads/doc/information/