> Thanks to Cindy Cohn and Lee Tien we offer BXA's four-page
> response to Bernstein's request for clarification of the new
> encryption export regulations, February 18, 2000:
>
>    http://cryptome.org/bxa-bernstein.htm

The eye-opener for me was this sentence:

     Binary code which is complied from TSU source code and which is
     itself publicly available and not subject to licensing or
     royalty fee can also be exported under the provisions of license
     exception TSU.

I am unable to deduce this from anything I find in parts 734, 740,
742, 770, 772 or 774.
Matt Crawford                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]                     Fermilab
"A5.1.5.2.7.1. Remove all classified and CCI boards from the COMSEC equipment,
thoroughly smash them with a hammer or an ax, and scatter the pieces."