</snip>

> ZKS no doubt paid a lot of money for Brands' patents, but they
should
> think of this as an investment which brought them Brands himself.
> The man, with his intelligence and creativity, is worth far more
than
> the work.  Given ZKS' background and philosophy, it would be
> absurd for
> them to wrap themselves in the cloak of intellectual property
> protection
> in order to stifle competition.  Unless they want to join the ranks
of
> such beloved companies as DigiCash and RSADSI, they will find a way
> make this important technology widely available.

We did indeed invest in both Dr. Brands and his technology.    While I
personally have a distaste for patents (Both mathematical and absurd
software patents that are being issued like they are going out of
style) they are realities of life, and to achieve what we are trying
to do for privacy we also need to be in that game.

At the same time, Zero-Knowledge is staffed by well known cypherpunks
at many levels, (as well as a number of open source guru's).     While
we haven't made any announcements regarding our specific plans with
regards to the patents, or license arrangements you can be assured
that we will not approach it the way Digicash; RSA or anyone else has
done before.

We do have some very interesting plans with regards to the patents,
and I fully expect when we disclose these, they will pass the
'cypherpunks smell test' and gain full support from this community.

- -Austin

_
Austin Hill                                   Zero-Knowledge Systems
Inc.
President                                                Montreal,
Quebec
Phone: 514.286.2636                                     Fax: 514.286.2755
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.zeroknowledge.com

 Are you fast enough? Are you smart enough? We are hiring those who
are!
                    http://www.zeroknowledge.com/jobs/

PGP Fingerprints
RSA    = 7BDB A72C 1130 BC09  CD5A 2712 F51D 72AC
DH/DSS = F783 7187 E174 0C5C DD4C  B1FA 0392 C7DC AF5A 1FAB

_