Sorry if you've seen this message several times, but I've been receiving
email all day from people asking me about this.

I just learned that there's a company calling itself "Crypto.Com,
Inc." that just issued a press release making all sorts of claims about
some wonderful new cryptographic technology.  I have no idea what the
merits of this technology might or might not be, but this "Crypto.Com,
Inc." company is in no way affiliated with me, the www.crypto.com web
site, or anyone else connected with it.  I have no idea who they are,
where they came from or what they do, or why they decided to call
themselves "Crypto.Com", a name that I have had registered and been
using continuously since 1992.

Unfortunately, the Business Wire press release (which was about the
purchase of "Crypto.Com" by another company called "Eurotech") made a
number of very strong claims that I worry might seriously harm my own
reputation, should people erroneously conclude that this "Crypto.Com"
company has something to do with me.  In particular, the "Crypto.Com"
press release says:

   "The technology provides for absolute security on open circuits
   between two users without the use of a key. The new cryptography
   concept creates absolutely unbreakable ciphers allowing software to
   be absolutely secure for the Internet, networks, and telephone lines."

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/f_headline.cgi?bw.022900/200601577&ticker=EURO

I have no idea what "the technology" is, but all cryptographers know that
the only "absolutely" unbreakable cipher that can ever exist for "open
circuits" is the one-time pad, which not only requires the use of a key,
but requires that the key be as long as the message, and used only once.

   -Matt Blaze, 29 February 2000