--
Ian Brown writes:
 >  > ... subscribers to agree not to use the service as a means to create
a VPN.

At 10:52 PM 8/19/2000 -0400, Russell Nelson wrote:
 > Could someone describe to me (in my ignorance) the problem this rule is
intended to solve?

Sounds like a market differentiation tactic.

Businesses are less sensitive to price than consumers, because it is the
shareholders money, not the money of the man making the decision, and
because it is pre tax money, whereas consumer money is after tax money.

For a long time isps have sold high price high bandwidth connections to
businesses, and lower price low bandwidth connections to consumers.  Now
they want to continue selling high price high bandwidth connections to
business while selling low price high bandwidth connections to consumers.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      Hr/YyHXmYGQ7/+ZP37tbmWdEyV+JYlnjJGBtKW4R
      4hi3WCtze8wlEEA1ucGrUy2hUJwkdS2JoNRWBxGlj