On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:02:30 +1200, Peter Gutmann said:

> the GMP source code to know what it does (GMP is a special case, being a
> general bignum library but with an implicit acknowledgement that it's going to
> end up used for crypto as well, although there are some missing primitives

Does the proprietary SSH still use GMP?  I know no other major crypto
apps using GMP for big number math.  A problem with GMP is that it
heavily uses alloca() and thus it is not that hard to find traces of
secrets in the core.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
Werner Koch                                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The GnuPG Experts                                http://g10code.com