Okay, okay. I've got the message. I give in.

The toolkit will be distributed with the most generous, most liberal license possible. This means that (basically) anyone can do pretty much anything with it, including release binaries compiled with it.

I'm happy with this decision. It means that if Alice wishes to trust software written or modified by Eve (or Mallory, etc.)., then she is perfectly entitled to do so. It is up to Alice to choose her own threat model, not me. The bottom line is, everyone has the right to choose whom they trust ... even if they're wrong. (After all, I can hardly demand that right for myself and then deny it to others, can I?).

Jill (Ramonsky ... sending from new email address)

Oh yeah, one last thing....

Aha - I'm ahead of you there. I've already started. But more than one person advised me to not talk about code until at least one third of it was finished, in order to avoid real-time discussions about how code "should" be written. If I am silent on the coding progress, rest assured it doesn't mean I'm not doing anything.

On the other hand, I /could/ post progress reports if people wanted. I have absolutely no idea whether that would be considered appropriate or not. I'm open to suggestion.

Jill