[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>     Would anyone there have any good predictions on how
>     cryptography is going to unfold in the next few years
>     or so?  I have my own ideas, but I would love
>     to see what others see in the crystal ball.

I'd like to think we would see a new flowering of cryptography
delivering new functionality to end users rather than be used
only to secure existing boring stuff.

For example, suppose SDSI or Dan's idea of delegation certificates
were carried through - you could talk about handing someone the
keys to your house to look after, and the USB fob would hold
delegation certs that let your friend control your thermostats or your
replayTV.

-Larry