I will appreciate experience-reports/evaluations/comparisons with free or low cost (and in particular zero `per seat` cost) crypto libraries, especially in C / C++ (or links to web-sites containing them). If I'll get substantial useful information (off-list) I'll try to compile it and send to the list. Important aspects include reliability, functionality, performance, documentation, cost (for development system - no `per seat` cost!), and licensing terms (in particular can it be used for commercial products, and any restrictions).

Thanks a lot...
--
Best regards,

Amir Herzberg
Associate Professor, Computer Science Dept., Bar Ilan University
http://amirherzberg.com (information and lectures in cryptography & security)