At 12:58 PM 9/27/04 -0600, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:
>At 11:03 PM 9/24/2004, Peter Gutmann wrote:
>>A few days ago I was chatting with some people working on a government IT
>>project who had a rather complex security problem that they needed help
with.
>>They have a large number of users with Windows dumb terminals (think Xterms
>>but for Windows) connected to a central ASP server, which runs various
>>mutually untrusted apps from different vendors.  Their problem was that they
>>needed a means of securing the individual apps from each other.
>>
>>I told them that they were in luck, and this exact problem had already been
>>addressed before.  I'd drop off the detailed technical specs for the
solution
>>when I next saw them, they could recognise it by its bright orange cover.

Put each app on a separate machine, and don't put any networking
equiptment in the machines.  Simple.

36 Laurelwood Dr
Irvine CA 92620-1299

VOX: (714) 544-9727 (home) mnemonic: P1G JIG WRAP

ICBM: -117.7621, 33.7275
PGP PUBLIC KEY: by arrangement

Send plain ASCII text not HTML lest ye be misquoted.  Really.

------

"Don't 'sir' me, young man, you have no idea who you're dealing with"
Tommy Lee Jones, MIB