On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 04:02:36PM -0600, Matt Crawford wrote:
> There's an X.509v3 NameConstraints extension (which the higher CA would
> include in the lower CA's cert) but I have the impression that ends
> system software does not widely support it.  And of course if you don't
> flag it critical, it's not very effective.

Well I would say downright dangerous -- if its not flagged critical
and not understood, right?

Implication would be an intended constrained subordinate CA would be
able to function as an unconstrained subordinate CA in the eyes of
many clients -- free ability to forge any domain in the global SSL
PKI.

Adam