Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
Bank of America is adopting some new schemes that might help. First, they're asking users to select a picture the user selected at registration time. The theory is presumably that a phishing site won't have the right image for you. Second, you can "register" your computer; if your account is accessed from another computer, additional authentication is demanded, thus rendering a compromised password much less useful.

I think both schemes will help; I doubt that either will stop the problems.

a couple more

BofA rolls out authentication tools after data breach incident
http://eyeonit.itmanagersjournal.com/article.pl?sid=05/05/27/1816200
Bank of America looks to protect Online users with SiteKey
http://tech.monstersandcritics.com/news/article_1002765.php/Bank_of_America_looks_to_protect_Online_users_with_SiteKey
Payments News: Bank of America Launches SiteKey
http://www.paymentsnews.com/2005/05/bank_of_america.html
Bank of America | Sign up for the SiteKey Service
http://www.bankofamerica.com/privacy/passmark/
Bank of America takes on cyberscams
http://news.com.com/Bank+of+America+takes+on+cyberscams/2100-1029_3-5722035.html
Bank Of America Fights Phishing With New Authentication
http://informationweek.smallbizpipeline.com/news/163701500
Bank of America Announces Industry-Leading Security Feature ...
http://money.cnn.com/services/tickerheadlines/prn/200505261000PR_NEWS_USPR_____CLTH009.htm
Bank of America's SiteKey scrutinized
http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-5723556.html?part=rss&tag=5723556&subj=news