Amir Herzberg wrote:

Lance James wrote:
 > https://slam.securescience.com/threats/mixed.html

This site is set so that there is a frame of https://www.bankone.com inside my https://slam.securescience.com/threats/mixed.html site. The imaginative part is that you may have to reverse the rolls to understand the impact of this (https://www.bankone.com with https://slam.securescience.com frame -> done via cross-user attacks

Ok, I can do the `mental exercise` and understand the attack. But I'm not sure what is new here. Yes, if a web-site allows such XSS, then even SSL won't help it - it could end up sending the _wrong_ page, protected by SSL... And in this case I don't even think we can blame browser UI; the browser actually got this `bad` page from the server...

It's not the "new" issue - it's the concern that frames with other SSL protect information is not being indicated to the user, thus you can encrypt data with another valid cert within a frame(s) and the user will only know of the main cert from the domain that is indicated by the address bar.

Maybe I miss something?

Best Regards,
Lance James
Secure Science Corporation
www.securescience.net
Author of 'Phishing Exposed'
http://www.securescience.net/amazon/
Find out how malware is affecting your company: Get a DIA account today!
https://slam.securescience.com/signup.cgi - it's free!