Many of you may remember Stuart Baker from the crypto export policy
wars. I still remember him telling me in a conversation after a New
York Bar Association debate on the subject that the Internet would
never be of any economic importance. Anyway, without further comment:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/07/20050713-8.html

   The President intends to nominate Stewart A. Baker, of Virginia, to be
   an Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security (Policy). Mr. Baker is
   currently a Partner with Steptoe & Johnson, LLP in Washington, D.C. He
   previously served as General Counsel for the Commission on the
   Intelligence Capabilities of the United States Regarding Weapons of
   Mass Destruction. Prior to that, Mr. Baker served as General Counsel
   for the National Security Agency. Earlier in his career, he was a law
   clerk for Justice John Paul Stevens, U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Baker
   received his bachelor's degree from Brown University and his J.D. from
   the University of California, Los Angeles.

Perry