At 06:56 AM 7/14/2005, Pat Farrell wrote:
On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 23:43 -0400, Rich Salz wrote:
> > I think that by eliminating the need for a merchant to learn
> > information about your identity ...
In all the discussion here, the thing that
strikes me is that we need to stop using secrets
as proof of anything. Seems that Chaum's
credentials without identities are a much better
approach, and I'd guess that his patents
are long expired.

By now you've probably seen Lucky's party announcement,
but they actually expire next week.
17-year and 20-year patent lifetimes are *way* too long.