On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Can't you strip the certificates which have expired from the CRL?  (I
> know that with OpenPGP, you can't, but that's a different story.)

Probably, you want to save the signatures on the old lists,
but I dont see why you can not download only delta of the new revoked
certificates each day (e.g., using rsync).

> that CRL leaks sensitive information.  At least from a privacy point
> of view, this is a big, big problem, especially if you include some
> indication which allows you to judge the validity of old signatures.

Apparently it is just usual serial number: ``the military also has
revoked 10 million ... which has bloated to over 50M bytes in file
size,'' that is just 5 bytes for each entry.

--
Regards,
ASK