Travis,

Take a look at http://www.cryptool.com/

Regards,
Max

On 6/27/06, Travis H. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Does anyone here know of any computer-based aids for breaking
classical cryptosystems?  I'm thinking in particular of the ones in
"Body of Secrets", which are so short that I really hope they're
monoalphabetic substitutions.  But I'm interested in these sorts of
programs more generally.  I could use paper, but it'd be nice if a
computer could keep track of what I've tried and otherwise ruled out.
I am aware of the "crypt breaker's workbench", but that's specific to
classic Unix crypt(3).  What else is there?