Victor Duchovni wrote:
Quantum Cryptography or Quantum Computing (i.e. cryptanysis)?

    - Quantum Cryptography is "fiction" (strictly claims that it solves
      an applied problem are fiction, indisputably interesting Physics).

I do not really agree on this statement. There are ongoing projects, that
I know of, that are actually working on maximizing communication throughput
(which is currently not very good) on encrypted channels and minimizing
costs of involved equipment. AFAIK, one great advantage of quantum crypto
is in the area of key-exchange when establishing a secure communication.
I guess quantum crypto is definitely not "fiction" (Anyhow I do not know if
it has already been used somewhere... ).

Later,

--

Best Regards,

        Massimiliano Pala

Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dartmouth Computer Science Dept               Home Phone: +1 (603) 397-3883
PKI/Trust - Office 063                        Work Phone: +1 (603) 646-9179