* Jerry Leichter:

> OK, I could live with that as stated.  But:
>
>       The code also adds: "We reserve the right to request access to
>       your computer or device in order to verify that you have taken
>       all reasonable steps to protect your computer or device and
>       safeguard your secure information in accordance with this code.
>
>       "If you refuse our request for access then we may refuse your
>       claim."

> The delay between when you were defrauded and when they request
> access is unspecified.

But if you don't do this, customers can repudiate *any* transaction,
even those they have actually issued.  In other words, you run into
tons of secondary fraud, where people claim they are victims, but they
actually aren't.

Customers need to provide some evidence that they are actually
victims.  Just claiming "the virus did it" can't be sufficient.