At 04:02 AM 2/10/2008, Peter Gutmann wrote:
"Perry E. Metzger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

<\snip
So your potential market for this is people running Monte Carlo simulations
who don't like PRNGs.  Seems a bit of a limited market...

I think that the market is a little bit bigger than just applications running Monte Carlo simulations. For example, Gambling industry - which is also multi-billion industry world-wide.

Since this news have been discussed in this cryptographic mailing list, I would be interested when some of the cryptographers test this device too. The device produces stream of random bits with a speed of 2Mbps, but in the article there is nothing about the cryptographic strength of the produced stream. It can produce statistically qualitative uniform random bits, but still to be cryptographically
weak.

Danilo!