Hi gang,

In looking at captchas that have been broken via software it dawned on me that the amount of "mental processing" involved is actually very little. I'm interested in what the current state of image recognition via software of things like knowing the difference between a monkey and a cat or a child laughing or just happy and the degree of reliability of the differentiation. I've done a bit of looking around and don't find much. Does anyone have knowledge of or a pointer to someone who might know where to look about this?

Thanks,

Allen