Nicolas Williams wrote:
> How do identities help?  It's supposed to be anonymous
> cash, right?

Actually no.  It is however supposed to be pseudonymous,
so dinging someone's reputation still does not help
much.

> And say you identify a double spender after the fact,
> then what?  Perhaps you're looking at a disposable ID.
> Or perhaps you can't chase them down.
>
> Double spend detection needs to be real-time or near
> real-time.

Near real time means we have to use UDP or equivalent,
rather than TCP or equivalent, and we have to establish
an approximate consensus, not necessarily the final
consensus, not necessarily exact agreement, but close to
it, in a reasonably small number of round trips.