Multiple responses inline:

On Jan 26, 2009, at 11:26 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
I too would like to hear more information on this, particularly the crypto that is known to be used on the Edge.

See sections 'Secure Speech Processing' and 'Interoperability' of <http://www.gdc4s.com/documents/GD-Sectera_Edge-w.pdf >. The standard suites are used, as one would expect.

On Jan 26, 2009, at 4:56 PM, Jerry Leichter wrote:
The FAQ, indirectly, answers the your previous question of why only Secret for email: Data-at-rest is encrypted using AES, which is only approved for Secret, not Top Secret, data.

This isn't the case; AES is approved for Top Secret with 192- or 256- bit keys, per <http://www.cnss.gov/Assets/pdf/cnssp_15_fs.pdf>.