I'm can if I squint enough see some cases where the protections of copyright/license and trademark might come into the needs of certs.

1. You don't really want a derivative work - eg the same non crypto elements in a new cert :-)

2. Some of the non crypto elements maybe trademarked names, eg the subject and/or issuer.

3. A CA cert really is only issued as a Trust Anchor and shouldn't really be used for anything else.

However I don't really see a need to attempt to assert this in legal (or more likely attempted legal) terms. Given they are all implicit in the meaning of what a CA cert is and why it exists.

--
Darren J Moffat