Target collisions for MD5 can be calculated in seconds on a laptop, based on just a small change in the first block of input. There was also a semi-successful demo of MD5 certificate problems; you could join the special wireless network, and any https connection would be silently proxied using the fake CA certificate generated a few months ago. (You had to set your clock back to 2004, though, since the CA certificate was intentionally generated to be long expired).

The SHA-1 attack complexity of 2^52 was a correct improvement to an incorrect result. Don't currently have an accurate estimate; IIUC it's bounded above by 2^56.

The related-key attacks on AES have been extended to AES-192, and also to some sort of non-standard AES-128, but it wasn't clear to me what it was that they did. AES-128 as standardized is still (and likely to remain) safe.

The National Museum of Computing (at Bletchley Park in England) is doing interesting stuff, but is still starved for cash. There is a 501(c)3 you can donate to for tax deductibility and corporate matching, if people want to donate.

Don't run algorithms on secret data in the cloud; it's not too difficult for an attacker to get themselves assigned to the same machine and use timing/cache attacks to recover your keys.

(At that point I was tired and inebriated and left.)

Greg.