From: "Kevin W. Wall" <kevin.w.w...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Detecting attempts to decrypt with incorrect secret key in OWASP ESAPI

So given these limited choices, what are the best options to the
questions I posed in my original post yesterday? As Peter mentioned, we
want to give web app developers something that will work out-of-the-box.

It isn't difficult to implement CMAC and CTR modes in pure Java. The NIST specs for CMAC and CTR are plenty clear. You'll be looking for the AES/ECB/NoPadding option. From there use update it returns a byte []. I've used the standard JCE implementation in this way to implement unsupported modes before, it works. Joe