On 9/13/10 at 8:58 PM, g...@toad.com (John Gilmore) wrote:

Intel's Paul
Otellini framed it as an effort to move the way the company approaches
security "from a known-bad model to a known-good model."

Does that include monetary indemnity when the "known-good" turns out to be bad? I bet not.

If we could "know good", security would be a lot easier, but nobody has a clue how to actually achieve that knowledge.

Let me guess -- to run anything but Windows, you'll soon have to jailbreak even laptops and desktop PC's?

I expect Steve Jobs will get them to approve MacOS too.

For the rest, there's always AMD.

Cheers - Bill