On 2010-10-01 3:23 PM, Chris Palmer wrote:
In my quantitative, non-hand-waving, repeated experience with many clients in
many business sectors using a wide array of web application technology
stacks, almost all web apps suffer a network and disk I/O bloat factor of 5,
10, 20, ...

Which does not, however, make bloated RSA keys any the less evil.

All the evils you describe get worse under https.

A badly designed https page is likely to require the client to perform lots and lots and lots of RSA operations in order to respond to the user click.

A 2048 bit operation takes around 0.01 seconds, which is insignificant. But an https connection takes several such operations. Lots of https connections ....