> The simple(-minded) idea is that everybody receives everybody's email, but
> can only read their own.  Since everybody gets everything, the metadata is
> uninteresting and traffic analysis is largely fruitless.

Some traffic analysis is still possible based on just message originator.  If I
see a message from A, and then soon see messages from B and C, then I can
perhaps assume they are collaborating.  If I A's message is significantly
larger then the other two, then perhaps they're taking some kind of vote.

So while it's a neat hack, I think the claims are overstated.

        /r$

--
Principal Security Engineer
Akamai Technology