On 2011-09-11 3:38 AM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
(Success criteria are the ultimate acid test of any new initiative, which is
why you'll never, ever see them specified for government projects.  All the
people proposing new Rube Goldberg schemes - me included - should feel
confident enough in them that they're prepared to say "My scheme, if adopted,
will lead to an X% decrease in phishing".  It doesn't even have to be 25%,
let's make it really easy and say 5%, or even just "statistically
significant".  If you can't do that then you're not really proposing a
solution but just looking for guinea pigs).

The big two are shared secrets and authenticated email. Solve those two, and the rest are leftovers.