On 26/09/11 16:15 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Chris Palmer<snackypa...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Sep 25, 2011, at 9:10 PM, James A. Donald wrote:
Having a government apparatus to fix liquidity crises is not a solution.  I
recommend instead bankruptcy, and indentured servitude to for those bankrupts
whose lenders were misled.
Thank you for your honesty. It's important for people to understand that
advocates of the gold standard seek the return of slavery.
I've not heard any other gold standard proponents suggest that we
should bring back slavery, and we know that gold standards have
existed w/o slavery.

He means, punishment by loss of freedom, in one means or another. E.g., bankers of all stripes should go to jail if they bungle. I'm not sure if it is the case, still, but it was the case in living memory that in Switzerland, letting a bank go bankrupt was a jailable offence for *all bank officers*.

How about that attack on TLS 1.0 CBC IV chaining? Pretty fun.

I'm guessing this attack is mitigated by use of client cert logins?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/23/google_ssl_not_vulnerable_to_beast/

Talking about the use of crypto can provide useful insights into crypto problems ;)

iang