Hmm... Where have I heard of that idea before...

http://disattention.com/78/digital-currencies-crypto-finance-and-open-source/#ot
https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions
https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions/wiki/FAQ

"UNTRACEABLE DIGITAL CASH? … FOR REAL?
> Is this the real stuff? With blinded tokens? As in, invented by David
Chaum?
Yes, Open Transactions provides a full and working implementation of
Chaumian blinded tokens. Specifically, the Wagner variant as implemented by
Ben Laurie in his Lucre Project"

It works just fine with Bitcoins.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:53, James A. Donald <jam...@echeque.com> wrote:

>>> [Another key bitcoin flaw is that it's not particularly anonymous
>>> in the face of NSA-level network surveillance.  Cash *is* (remains)
>>> under these conditions.]
>

> On 2012-02-27 10:26 PM, lodewijk andré de la porte wrote:
>>
>> Working on this. And the network problem.
>

> What is the plan?
>
> Seems to me that what bitcoin needs is banking layer on top of the
bitcoin layer to issue chaumian coins, with bitcoins acting as gold for the
banks as in free banking (with the potential for ponzis and bank failure.

> Of course bitcoin banks are unavoidably capable of doing a ponzi, thus
one should not keep bitcoins in them for very long periods.