I've been told (by somebody much more diligent than I, who actually did the
math) that the number of compute-cycles works out to around 2^64. The
theoretical number of steps required is 2^53.

Of course, each step is /not/ 1 cycle, so if we assume that they're around 2048
cycles each it's right on the money.

(Once again, full credit to Paulo and others, I'm just a fly on the wall.)