On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM, ianG <i...@iang.org> wrote:
> On 19/01/13 06:36 AM, Elias Yarrkov wrote:
>>
>> I was thinking of the problem of high-AT proof-of-work at some point,
>

> AT is?

Area-time complexity. Just google that, or see "Non-uniform cracks in the
concrete" for some basic information.

The advantage here over prior proof-of-work systems is the same as scrypt's
advantage over prior KDFs. scrypt cannot be used advantageously in classical
proof-of-work systems, unfortunately; the extra cost of each call is a price
both parties have to pay, not just the client.

(I failed at email again, by the way. Hopefully this'll work!)

--
yarrkov -- http://cipherdev.org/