Well, are there more people here who want a more strict crypto only list
than those who want a more "generic" one? Would we set stricter rules here,
or would there have to be a split? If there would be a split, are there
enough of those who want a stricter list to start a new list and keep it
going?

I would personally not mind a more strict list, but I would find it a bit
boring if nothing but cryptography would be discussed. There's a lot of
interesting consequences from cryptography, and if the only ones we could
discuss here would be what the algorithms and protols themselves does, I
personally don't think as many people would be interested in the
discussions. But then I don't have any data on that, and I don't know how
many or what kind of responses you got.