Michael Rogers:
>> So who's out there developing any useful protocols for
>> anonymization today? *Anybody*? Could we try to start a new project
>> (if needed) to create one?
>
> I'd love to see a revitalisation of remailer research, focussing on
> unlinkability (which we know many people would benefit from) rather
> than sender anonymity (which fewer people need, and which is prone to
> abuse that discourages people from running mixes).

I'd also like to see revitalisation of remailer research. Though
anonymity as Tor is designed is specifically about unlinkability. To
reduce it to sender anonymity is pretty ... ridiculous. What one does
with an anonymous communications channel is up to them - many people do
actually want that feature for chatting, web browsing, news, email, etc.

All the best,
Jacob