On 2013-07-02 8:47 AM, Nico Williams wrote:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:57 PM, grarpamp <grarp...@gmail.com> wrote:
And when LEA
get caught doing this nothing terribly bad happens to LEA (no officers
go to prison, for example).
It is often in the interest/whim of the executive to decline to
prosecute its own,
even if only to save embarassment, so many of these cases will never see a jury.
That's why you need citizen prosecutors who can bring cases before both grand
and final jury. For example, how many times have you seen a LE vehicle failing
to signal, speeding/reckless, with broken running lights, etc... now
try to criminally
(not administratively) prosecute that just as you might be prosecuted for same.
I'd love to see proposals for how to criminal prosecutions by the
public would work.

Until 1930 or so, in California, pretty much all criminal prosecutions were by the public. I would suppose the laws are still in place, just not applied.