On 20/08/13 03:46 AM, Peter Gutmann wrote:
shawn wilson <ag4ve...@gmail.com> writes:

It's not like they're the only ones that sell these, but they /were/ the only
ones to sell USB PRNG at <$800.

You can get them for as little as $50 in the form of USB-key media players
running Android.  Or if you really insist on doing the whole thing yourself,
get something like an EA-XPR-003 ($29 in single-unit quantities from Digikey,
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/EA-XPR-003/EA-XPR-003-ND/2410099) and
solder on a zener diode and a few I2C environmental sensors for
noise/unpredictability generation.

I don't see what the point is though, given that there's more than enough
noisy data available on a general-purpose PC.

Has anyone done a survey?

On a related point, what name do we give to the design/pattern for

   entropy sources ==> mix/pool ==> deterministic expansion function

?  I was asked this seconds after tasking my intern to build one :-/

iang